Nuffnang

Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Holidays!

I'm back at work today from my christmas vaca. So how's everyone? Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

About a week ago, I doubt that we'll have a happy noche buena this year but I was wrong. My mindset was changed when I went to hear a mass and the priest said "Decide if you want to be merry this Christmas". I told this to my sibs and they too decided to have a merry christmas and not worry (just for one day) about our problems.

My older brother and I are the ones in charge of cooking. I created the menu and he helped with the cooking. We cooked chicken alfredo, mashed potato, fried chicken, nachos, panna cotta, ham, etc. The best part is sharing one table with our family and the newest member, little Akiko Savannah. She made our Christmas more special.

The next day, 25th, was our family's annual reunion/christmas party and as always we all had a blast laughing and playing games. My cousins spent the night in our house just like the old days when they used to spend the summer with us. Funny thing though that we (6 big persons) slept in one room, despite having 3 spare rooms, and kwentuhan til we fell asleep. This is how our parents brought us up because that's how they grew up. They wanted us to be closer and treat one another as sibs. I love them like my own brothers and sisters! Oh how I miss being young.

Christmas is about family. Need I to say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment