Nuffnang

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Graduation Gift

A week ago, I told my parents that I'm graduating with honors this April and they were thrilled upon hearing the news especially my dad. He always wanted/expected me to graduate with honors though it doesn't matter to me basta maka-grad ako, happy na ako. And that was my gift for their birthdays. The last thing I'll do is to disappoint my parents in any way. I love them to death.

I'm lucky to have parents like them. They're willing to give everything for their children and working very hard for us. Though we're not a perfect and always happy family, we manage to work on our differences and making it work for the sake of our family.

Also, a week ago my dad asked me what I want for my graduation. Then, I can't think of any. I'm not expecting anything, really. I just want them to be there on my graduation day and for them to be proud of me. I'm not a spoiled kid that gets everything and anything that I want. Seriously, I don't. Its always my parents asking me what I want rather than me asking them to buy me this and that. And since they're keep on asking me what I want, I've decided to ask them to buy me a new digicam not dslr. Coz I know I won't be able to maximize the use of the dslr and I consider myself as a point and shoot type of person. Its easy, breezy, clicky. I can ask them to buy me a new car, condo, or more expensive gift but I didn't.

Happiness is not based on material things but more on emotional and spiritual satisfaction.

And NO, I'm not receiving a 100,000pesos worth of graduation gift. Its too much. Those years of studying on a catholic and private school since elementary and high school and living a comfortable life during college is more than enough. I just want them to be proud of me. Of my achievements and accomplishments as a student and as their daughter. I want them to know how I love them and how grateful I am to them.

Them saying "I'm so proud of you, anak!" is enough as my graduation gift.

I love my parents.

x0x0,
_M_

No comments:

Post a Comment